Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Intro


NOTE: The following are my thoughts and observations about the trial from beginning to end. Much of this is from memory as I did a poor job of keeping physical notes of the trial. Everything from the first week was written after-the-fact. I caught up on Monday which explains the change of verb tense. Much of this is stream of conscious which explains the grammar and spelling errors.

I will attempt to be as unbiased and unemotional as possible…but that will be impossible. In fact, my bias and personal opinion become more and more evident as this trial goes on. It is not something I can hope to correct for, but I feel a little better establishing it right here, right now. Have I presumed the defendant to be guilty before the trial even started? Yes. Will any of the testimony change my mind on that fact? No. All those things aside, I think this is a pretty fair account of how things transpired from the perspective of the victim’s brother who is relegated to sitting in the audience and watching the trial unfold. I suspect that many of you may understand how I feel.

If you have any questions or would like clarification please don't hesitate to ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Please keep in mind this is a sensitive issue and on-going trial. If you have any questions or concerns leave them here and I will do my best to respond.